CMG consultants have specialized expertise in a broad range of topics including legal, economic, financial, business, antitrust, political, technology and intellectual property areas.
CMG brings rich experience gained in technology businesses, strategy consulting and investment banking to every client engagement. We integrate knowledge with a pragmatic understanding of the realities of implementation, resulting in breakthrough strategies for accelerating growth and achieving superior returns.
Jack McMullen - Managing Principal
- Mr. McMullen has thirty years of experience in financial analysis, acquisition planning, market assessment and research, competitive analysis, and corporate strategy. He has counselled presidents of client companies on strategy matters, served on the operating committees of several client companies and also served on a number of Board of Directors. Mr. McMullen has worked on projects in a wide range of businesses including those in healthcare, industrial, consumer products, financial, and technology-oriented sectors of the economy.
- In addition, Mr. McMullen taught Business Strategy at Harvard Law School from the mid 1980s to 1990 and previously served as an officer of the Harvard Business School. He has published articles in the fields of management, strategy, and law. Earlier in his career, Mr. McMullen worked with the Boston Consulting Group on strategy assignments for large transnational corporations. He also has experience in the investment banking community in New York with Morgan Stanley & Co. and, earlier, was an engineer with the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- Mr. McMullen is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Columbia University with BS and BA degrees in Applied Physics and Engineering. He received a JD with Honors from the Harvard Law School and an MBA with High Distinction from the Harvard Business School, where he was elected a first year Baker Scholar. He is a member of the Bars of New York, Massachusetts, and the District of Columbia.
Sunny Ahn - Principal and Senior Consultant
- Mr. Ahn brings twenty five years of experience in corporate and business development to telecommunication, high technology, healthcare, energy-focused organizations. He has been a successful entrepreneur, strategic adviser and executive throughout his career.
- Mr. Ahn has led a number of consulting engagements in the technology and healthcare areas, from large mobile telecommunication operators to global pharmaceutical companies and large medical organizations. He has worked directly with the US Department of Justice on anti-trust work in the mobile communication space, with Ofcom in the development of wireless directory solutions in the UK telecommunication market as well as on public interest (education, healthcare, security, accessibility) and welfare matters involving the US International Trade Commission (ITC). As an industry expert, he has testified in front of the US House of Representatives, Subcommittee on Telecommunication and the Internet, on the topic of privacy connectivity and directory services.
- Most recently, Mr. Ahn was a Founder and CEO of Context Connect, a wireless directory and connectivity solution provider (assets sold to Walmart). He has structured commercial deals with such firms as IBM, O2/Telefonica, British Telecom, Vodafone, Telenor, Cable & Wireless and Orange. He has held senior consulting and marketing positions at GeoPartners Research, the SAS Institute and the Massachusetts General Hospital. Mr. Ahn holds several US patents in the area of private connectivity and directory services and served on the Boards of several technology and medical-related companies.
- Mr. Ahn was an academic researcher at the MIT Sloan School of Management and a Harvard faculty aide focused on sustainability areas. He holds a Masters and Bachelors degree from Harvard University.
Melvin Carlson - Senior Professional
Joe Kalinowski - Senior Professional
Bob Trout - Senior Professional
Diane W. Beck - Senior Professional
Judy Luff - Senior Market Reseacher
Per Baverstam - Senior Professional
Michael Weingarten - Principal
Roy Schoeman - Principal
Michael Rothchild - Principal
Mark Shwert - Senior Professional
David Halprin - Senior Professional
Suzanne Boulos - Senior Professional